Vista Host is a hotel management company with industry-leading expertise in managing limited feature hotels, mid-scale full-service hotels, convention hotels, and resorts. Over the past 40 years, we have managed a wide array of franchise brands including Hampton Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2 Suites by Hilton, Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott, Towneplace Suites by Marriott, Hawthorn Suites, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Sunspree Resorts, Amerisuites, and Comfort Inn. We know that each hotel is unique and that we must address the specific needs of each hotel to maximize returns for our owners. Vista Host’s operational strength flows from our focus in five primary areas: a strong commitment to providing legendary service to our Guests; engaged involvement from our General Managers in our revenue management and sales efforts; a comprehensive sales training program; optimum efficiency in labor and operating costs; and, a keen focus on talent development through award-winning programs such as our MIT (Manager In Training) program to ensure that we are constantly positioned to entertain new projects.
- Vista Host was founded in 1977 by Michael V. Harrell, CEO and Chairman… In Memorium
- Vista Host is exclusively devoted to the hospitality industry.
- We built the 9th Hampton in the system in 1986 and have continued to serve for 25 years on the Hampton Advisory Council.
- In 1991, we were engaged to manage a chain of 17 hotels (Dillon Inns) in the Midwest. We converted them to national franchises including ten to Hampton Inn and were named Hotel Developer of the Year by Promus. After doubling in value, they were sold to RFS, the first hotel REIT, and these hotels gave credibility to this REIT at the time.
- We built one of the first Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites hotel combinations in 1996.
- In 2008, we sold 7 hotels that we developed and built to Apple REIT for $112M. This was $153K per key. We continue to manage the hotels for Apple.
- Marriott named our Courtyard in Fayetteville, AR as the number one Courtyard out of 802 in 2009.
- We opened the 300th Homewood Suites in September 2010.
- When comparing our financial results with others in groups such as the Multiple Franchise Owners Group and Apple REIT’s hotels, our hotels consistently lead our peers in terms of profitability.
- Vista Host has built a robust infrastructure over the past several years, including the creation of multiple support positions (Director of Profitability Development, Director of Lodging Quality, etc.)
- We have built and developed 30 new hotels and now have 13 in various stages of development.
VISTA HOST PURPOSE STATEMENT
“To inspire legendary potential by enhancing the lives of all we encounter, empower, and humbly serve”
-Vista Host Purpose statement (est. 2015)
VISTA HOST POINTS OF DIFFERENCE
- Proven Systems (Watson / Unifocus, weekly P&L forecasts, daily sales reporting, quarterly web-based budget program; Hotel Effectiveness – payroll and labor management, SalesPro – web-based contact management system, group and function forecasting; Docuware – online invoice management access; Labor Standards / payroll guidelines for all departments; PeopleClues – customized personality profile tool used a talent development tool; ServiceCounts.org – proprietary website providing a real-time solution for Guests to provide feedback; MyHospitalityCareer.net – proprietary recruiting website which enables prospective associates the opportunity to apply online in a secure environment)
- Revenue Management (Professional revenue management with weekly conference calls and reporting, aimed at driving REVPAR through building rate when demand is present and increasing occupancy during low demand periods; thorough knowledge of Hilton (GRO) and Marriott (OneYield) revenue management tools and resources)
- Vendor Relationships (Collective purchasing power through Hilton Supply Management yields significant savings for most hotel and F&B purchases, along with substantial rebates; Travelclick – partner in demand generation tools through GDS sourcing of new LNR targets, as well as providing such marketing tools as Sabre Spotlight and GDS advertising campaigns; OTA’s – solid relationships with market managers to yield strong placement along with exceptional understanding of placement / advertising tools; eMax – website management and SEO optimization; RevLocal – online marketing provider via local search; Leonardo – provider of optimized mobile sites and vBrouchure)
- Support Office Concept (Vast network of accounting support for all properties, along with team of seasoned veterans in both sales and operations)
- Focus on Top Line combined with Strong Expense Controls (Sales focus – Vista Host shares referral program, internet prospecting, social media partnerships, STAR report expertise, combined top account conference calls, sales shop calls, weekly pricing/inventory reviews. Expense focus – monthly P&L reviews with line by line variance explanations, payroll labor standards, etc.)
- Emphasis on Service Excellence (Property level Service Coaches at each hotel; monthly regional service conference calls; up to 8 Mystery Shops per year conducted by outside company; annual Service Challenge with substantial prizes; WOW Award program)