Vista Host, a nationally recognized hotel management company with over 35 properties nationwide, is seeking an operationally minded Sales Coordinator for the Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Scioto Downs, OH. Located right next to the Scioto Downs casino, this Hampton Inn is a mid-size focused feature property with spectacular well-adorned rooms, complimentary breakfast, meeting and event space for up to 200 guests, and well-equipped business center.
The ideal candidate is one who is upbeat and has a positive attitude with desire to provide exceptional customer service. In addition, a high attention to detail, excellent communication, follow-through and follow-up are a must. This candidate would have front office (desk) experience and will support the front office team with various duties 5-30 hours per week (avg. 10-15 hours weekly). Hilton/OnQ experience +++ and is flexible with availability.
- Answering phones and talking to walk-in guests with an upbeat and engaging energy.
- Conducting tours of the hotels and meeting space and exposing clients to facilities and services; working to book qualified potential clients.
- Advising hotel management of booked groups and negotiating contracts and agreements with clients and vendors with the assistance of the Senior Hotel Management team. In addition, the Sales Coordinator must assist the client in planning: coordinating and assuring that all requirements are communicated and completed to the clients’ specifications.
- “Holding hands” with groups and group contacts from the first introduction until after the group departs. The #1 point of contact for groups.
- Consistently and effectively communicating with all team members. The Sales Coordinator is the liaison between other departments and clients. Collaboration with other departments is an important responsibility for sales coordinators in order to ensure guests have a seamless experience; from the first call they make to the hotel, to the end of their event. The Sales Coordinator must also work closely with the Sales team to assess the progress of the department and develop Sales strategy accordingly.
- Notifying/coordinating customer specifications with other departments and quickly and efficiently respond to customer issues, comments and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future sales prospects.
- Maintaining accurate, organized and legible records and files.
- The Sales Coordinator must also complete the contracts, proposals, rate agreements, prepare the appropriate paperwork, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel, resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
Requirements: (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices: Qualifying business, booking business and ability to make decisions based on established policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional communications skills in terms of the ability to negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel guests.
- Understand negotiation and interpretation of contracts.
- Proactive sales approach, assertive and driven to succeed.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members.
- Display a professional appearance and confidence.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Office.
- Hotel Operations experience.
- Experience with Hilton OnQ system.
At Vista Host, we pride ourselves in achieving superior results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the science of hotel management with the art of hospitality. We are looking for candidates who would thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and hands-on. If you are looking to join a team that provides superior service to its customers, while gaining unprecedented opportunities, then this is the position for you. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a progressive management company, offering a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.
In our efforts to be “better today than we were yesterday”, we are constantly seeking talented individuals to join our team! To apply, please visit our career portal at www.myhospitalitycareer.net
For questions, please contact Mark Najera, General Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.