San Antonio, Texas
Vista Host, a nationally recognized hotel management company with over 35 properties nationwide, is seeking an experienced Assistant General Manager for the soon to open a dual Hampton Inn and Home 2 Suites, on the beautiful San Antonio Riverwalk.
“Blending these two category-leading brands and their signature, yet unique, identities under one roof further propels our commitment to providing quality lodging options to meet a wide variety of styles, travel needs and desired price points.”
This beautiful property will be 213 rooms and is conveniently located on the San Antonio Riverwalk, the hotels offer guests easy access to Pearl Brewery, San Fernando Cathedral, as well as famous Riverwalk restaurants and entertainment. Steeped in local culture, the property is only steps from some of the most historic landmarks in Texas.
Projected Opening Date of December 2018!
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of the operation including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, cost control management, sales and revenue generation. Assists the General Manager in leading the team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. The AGM ensures implementation of Vista Host and Homewood Suites brand strategies and initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations. Builds relationships with key customers.
At Vista Host, we pride ourselves in achieving superior results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the science of hotel management with the art of hospitality. We are looking for candidates who would thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and hands-on. If you are looking to join a team that provides superior service to its customers, while gaining unprecedented opportunities, then this is the position for you. This is an excellent career opportunity to join a progressive management company, offering a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits.
* Maintain unparalleled guest service as the driving philosophy of the hotel
* Personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs in a timely and professional manner
* Ensure all team members, including new hires, know all components/features of our programs to provide superior guest service and are trained to meet service standards
* Empower all team members to handle each guest interaction appropriately by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance
* Manage human resources functions including recruiting, selection, orientation, consistent and constant training, and performance planning and evaluation of team members
*Oversees all finance and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash and ordering procedures
* Maintain a positive cooperative work environment between staff and management through substantial communication.
* Ensure all hotel employees know hotel objectives and goals
*Covers shifts in all departments as needed to adhere to company labor standards
* Must be extremely hands-on
*Outgoing personality and great people skills
*Able to teach, motivate, and supervise
*Must have strong management and leadership capabilities
*Strong Time Management Skills
*Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In our efforts to be “better today than we were yesterday”, we are constantly seeking talented individuals to join our team!
To apply, please visit our career portal at www.myhospitalitycareer.net
For questions, please contact Daniel Haughan, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Vista Host visit our website at http://www.vistahost.com.