St. Paul, Minnesota
Vista Host, a nationally recognized hotel management company with over 35 properties nationwide, is seeking a Sales Manager for the Hampton Inn & Suites St. Paul Downtown in St. Paul, MN. Located directly across the street from the Xcel Energy Center, our location is the epicenter for everywhere you want to go in Saint Paul.
- Strong focus and experience in new business development. Markets include but not limited to: SMERF, Government, Medical/Hospital Training, BTS.
- Solicit new business via outside sales calls/area blitzes, prospecting calls, CVB and Hilton lead generation as well as develop internet research and respond to competitor’s reader boards to increase revenues and grow client base.
- Increase revenue in rooms as well as food and beverage of existing LNR accounts.
- Maintain/nurture relationships with existing clients via phone calls for follow up and solicitation along with outside sales calls.
- Achieve monthly revenue goals set by corporate budget.
- Review Group Pick Up report to see pace to booking as well as to touch base and inform the client as to the reservation flow.
- Prepare weekly reports as needed.
- Review monthly financials to determine and anticipate need months and monitor guestroom booking pace vs. budget.
- Attend trade shows, chamber events and meetings as designated by Director of Sales.
- Considerable knowledge of computer systems for use of Delphi and use of internet based sales and marketing opportunities such as Hilton leads.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with guests and employees.
- Thorough organization, delegation, prioritization, follow through, and supervisory skills proficient in accomplishing the task.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a hotel sales position.
- Hilton brand experience preferred but not required.
We pride ourselves in achieving superior results in operating hotels from our ability to blend the science of hotel management with the art of hospitality. We are looking for candidates who would thrive in an environment that is fast-paced and hands-on. If you are looking to join a team that provides superior service to its customers, while gaining unprecedented opportunity, then this is the position for you.
For questions regarding this position, please contact Brian Blanda, GM, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about our company, please visit our website at http://www.vistahost.com.